Certified Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource Specialist:
A National Association of Realtors designation. Steve Gomez has special training to work with homeowners in distress, how to qualify sellers for short sales, negotiate with lenders and limit risk..
SFR, Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource (SFR) REALTORS® who have earned the SFR certification know how to help sellers maneuver the complexities of short sales as well as help buyers pursue short sale and foreclosure opportunities. The certification program includes training on how to qualify sellers for short sales, negotiate with lenders, protect buyers, and limit risk.
Certified HAFA Specialist:
Steve Gomez has obtained special training in the most important, government created short sale program in the country, Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA)
What are the benefits of a HAFA Short Sale?
- Foreclosure sale date is postponed
- $3000 relocation incentive is given to the qualified seller
- Deficiency forgiveness
You may be eligible for a HAFA short sale if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You live in your home or have lived there within the last 12 months
- You have a financial hardship
- You haven’t purchased a new property within the last 12 months
- Your first mortgage is less than $729,750
- You originated your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009
- You have not been convicted within the last 10 years of felony, larceny, theft, fraud, forgery, money laundering or tax evasion in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction
*Criteria is for guidance only. You will need to contact your mortgage servicer to see if you qualify for HAFA